Re: Request for sponsor

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:06:31AM +0100, Ksamak wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 04:50:18AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > * please build-depend on libjpeg-dev rather than libjpeg8-dev, while the
> >   latter exists in unstable we really don't want anything to depend on
> >   it in stretch
> Ok, so we will try to depend on libjpeg-turbo, if that is the preferred

It's best to depend on "libjpeg-dev" rather than a specific version, this
way you can use whatever future default may change to.

> > * please build-depend on libpng-dev first (or solely)
> The upstream version has already been packaged with libpng-dev. However,
> there is a whole compiz plugin bound to managing jpeg, getting rid of libjpeg
> would mean getting rid of that plugin.

I meant instead of "libpng12-dev | libpng-dev".  The buildds strip any
alternative dependencies but the first, thus your package will become
unbuildable when the png16 transition starts in a few days.

I did not mean "please drop libjpeg, libbmp or libpcx" :)

Meow!
--
A tit a day keeps the vet away.