Re: debian/control: Multi-Arch: no

Hi,

Quoting Andrey Rahmatullin (2016-02-11 15:16:01)
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 11:20:14AM -0200, Herbert Fortes wrote:
> > libcdk5-dev was rejected by ftp-masters because
> > it has 'Multi-Arch: no' on debian/control.
> You could just omit the field, no need to use the explicit "no".

While this is correct, I don't see what should be wrong with explicitly stating
the default. It could have the meaning of: the package was looked at for
multi-archification but it was deemed that it is either not possible or that
there is no need to make it multi-arch aware, so setting the value explicitly.

Unfortunately, multi-arch is not in policy yet (#687900).

> > "Multi-Arch: no support in Debian is broken (#768353)"
> >
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=768353
> The bug is closed in 2014, though.

I do not understand why this bug was cited as the reason for the package not
being allowed in Debian. If the messages in the bugs are right, then this
dose3-related problem was fixed with version 3.2.2-3 and Jessie has version
3.3~beta1-3.

Thanks!

cheers, josch