Re: Test suite needs script built after dh_auto_test is run

Dear Barry,

On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 02:17:51PM -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> If ocrmypdf supports Python's -m option, you could consider patching the test
> suite to run `python -m ocrmydf` instead.  Season to taste for python3 and or
> both if you're using pybuild.
>
> [snip]
>
> As a last resort, I have disabled the build-time tests (all or only the ones
> that require the /usr/bin) and then arranged for the full test suite to run
> via autopkgtest/DEP-8.  It's not ideal because Debian currently doesn't gate
> on DEP-8 passing, but Ubuntu does and at least I'll see failures there.

Thank you for your input: that worked, aside from one test that wanted
to pass Unicode on the command line which the `python -m ocrmypdf`
method doesn't like.  I commented that one out and have got the full
test suite running with autopkgtest.

I've submitted a request to join the Python Apps Packaging Team so that
I can request sponsorship for my package.

--
Sean Whitton