Re: option dh_make for public domain

Hi Gustavo,

On 03-02-2016 16:50, Gustavo S. L. wrote:
> hello mentors
>

> I'm starting in the packaging process of a software called gifshuffle.
> At that mapped it is licensed under Public Domain.
> In this case how should I use the -C option of dh_make command?

In the dh_make manpage says:

 -c, --copyright license
     Use  license  type in copyright file.  license can be gpl, gpl2,
     gpl3, lgpl, lgpl2 lgpl3, artistic, apache, bsd, mit  or  custom.
     If this field is not specified the copyright file has a space to
     fill in which sort of license is used. The field is  case-insen‐
     sitive so -c GPL works as well as -c gpl. gpl and lgpl will give
     you version 3  of  the  corresponding  license,  apache  implies
     Apache v2.0. If you need a different version, change the license
     file afterwards or use the  gpl2  and  lgpl2  options.   If  you
     select  custom  here  you  will  need to use the --copyrightfile
     option as well.

After the "debianization" the licence can be changed and adjusted also.

regards,

--
Giovani Ferreira
http://softwarelivre.org/jova2