Re: how to delete those packaging warnings

Hi,

> Hi all,
>    I try to package a software bcloud, but I got many warnings that I want to delete. But I search little response from google. So I ask in this mailing list.
>    The warning is shown in the following url:
>     https://github.com/mudongliang/DebPackaging/blob/master/README.md

Use lintian-info --tags message to get infos
about the warnnings.

Ex: lintian-info --tags invalid-short-name-in-dep5-copyright

Let's see if I can help a little more.

If you put your name on debian/control these
are fixed. You will sign the package, so a gpg
key is needed.

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Maintainer

W: bcloud source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
W: bcloud source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 3.8.2-1

It is necessary to put the text of the license in the
debian/copyright.
W: bcloud source: missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright gplv3 (paragraph at line 5)

Use GPL-3. Check if is GPL-3+ (any later version at the end
of first paragraph)
W: bcloud source: invalid-short-name-in-dep5-copyright gplv3 (paragraph at line 5)

It seems is a new package. You should open a ITP bug
'intent to package'. And put the number you receive
by email in debian/changelog.
W: bcloud: new-package-should-close-itp-bug

W: bcloud: duplicate-changelog-files usr/share/doc/bcloud/HISTORY.gz usr/share/doc/bcloud/changelog.gz

debian/copyright take care of this. The file is not
needed.
W: bcloud: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/bcloud/LICENSE.gz

Write a manpage for bcloud-gui. txt2man can help.
W: bcloud: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/bcloud-gui

Have fun.

regards,
--
Herbert Parentes Fortes Neto (hpfn)