Re: Uploaded package is not showing up in mentors

Hi Petr,

>Still not sure about it.

please read:
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu-changelog

Actually it depends, an NMU is a "one shot" upload, where you fix a particular bug but
you express not much interest in maintaining the package (e.g. an NMU can be performed to fix
the package build after a transition on a low level depending library).

In this case I would not personally sponsor such package, basically there are a maintainer and two
uploaders already.

they asked for help in 799759 and you didn't offer your help (so I won't sponsor a change where you set
youself as uploader, without seeing an ack on that bug from the maintainers)

second, you are fixing a bug with no serious severity, but there is actually a more serious bug around
(785898), that means that without a proper fix this package will be removed from testing, and not part of
Stretch release.

So if you really care about the package you should start by fixing the RC bugs, and then NMU it as appropriate
with some minor patches.

(If you have enough good reasons about doing the opposite I can try to change my opinion :p )

cheers,

(and thanks Danny for the nice answer!)

Gianfranco