Re: Access to Debian Test Farm for s390 Testing

On 2015-09-16 06:47, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I work with a free/open source project. We have a failure report from
> a Debian package maintainer on an s390.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for your interest.  :)

I am directing you over to debian-mentors, since your enquiry is
probably better fitted there (debian-testing is intended for upgrade
reports etc.)

> I have a lot of systems available to me for testing (including GCC's
> test farm), but none of them provide an s390 environment. I tried to
> add QEMU's qemu-system-s390x, but ran into Debian Bug 799120
> (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=799120).
>
> I'm guessing Debian has the test platform because a maintainer tested
> under it (he told me it was not QEMU based). But searching results in
> spurious noise (https://www.google.com/search?q=debian+test+farm), and
> nothing specific to Debian.
>
> I have three related questions:
>
>   (1) Where is the Debian test farm?

I suspect you are looking for our s390x porterbox[1]. :)

>   (2) Does Debian provide access to non-Debian maintainers?
>   (3) How can I acquire [possibly partial] access to it for s390 testing?
>
> If needed for (2), I'm willing to sign-up to be a Debain maintainer
> for the project which I have subject matter expertise.
>
> Thanks in advance.

We have guest accounts[2] which might be what you are looking for. :)
If you get a guest account, you can use it to get a "chroot" for
building as described at [3].

As suggested in the beginning, if you have any further questions, please
follow up to debian-mentors. :)

Thanks,
~Niels

[1] https://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=zelenka