Re: +dfsg extension with Files-Excluded: in d/copyright

 ❦  1 septembre 2015 13:37 +0200, Johannes Schauer <josch@debian.org> :

> I would argue: so is the whole format of debian/watch. It would've been a much
> better idea to have this file in deb822 format so that it would be easily
> extensible. In that case we could now just add the Files-Excluded field to
> debian/watch and be done with it. Surely, in theory you could also make another
> "opts" argument for uscan but putting path wildcards in the current
> debian/watch format will surely not be pretty...

Moving Files-Excluded from d/copyright to d/watch would be mostly
aesthetic but this will just increase packaging complexity unless there
is a deprecation of having that in d/copyright but this will incur
additional work for packaging.
--
Use library functions.