Re: +dfsg extension with Files-Excluded: in d/copyright

Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> writes:
> On 01-09-15 11:51, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> What is recommended way for the watch file that it automatically
>> generated to correct version number for a newly created orig.tar file?
> Add the repacksuffix option

Is the empty default value for repacksuffix a good choice here? I cannot
imagine a case where one removes something from the upstream tarball and
does not add a suffix to the version. Specifically, I had the case that
I first (last year) added a few Files-Excluded and created a "+dfsg"
tarball, and when I later update with the new devscripts version, I
forgot to check the suffix and accidently created a package without the
suffix. This could be avoided if either the suffix defaults to +dfsg if
files are excluded, or if uscan fails with some error in this case. Or
Lintian would report this.

Best regards

Ole