Re: how to use pbuilder without .dsc files?

On Monday, August 24, 2015 14:58:18 Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 05:07:15PM -0700, Shawn Sörbom wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am using pbuilder for the first time and I was wondering:
> > How does one build a package in pbuilder if they haven't generated .dsc
> > files? I am trying to build a package on my stable system that has
> > dependencies which are only satisfiable in sid. I have not built this
> > particular version yet, so there are no .dsc or .changes files. what
> > should I do?
>
> You can pass -d to dpkg-buildpackage -S to skip installing Build-Depends.
Thank you everybody, I appreciate it. I noticed that in my case, the pdebuild
solution didn't work until I installed the pkg-kde-tools on my host system (it
is a dependency in my case). I guess that tool is used during source build?
Anyway, all of the replies were very useful (I ended up using all of the
solutions at different times).
Thanks,
--Shawn