Best practices for downloader packages

Hi,

I want to create a package that purely downloads some (large scientific)
data, and I am unsure how to create the package:

* Shall it be native? There is no "local" upstream code, so the
  directory is just empty (except the debian/ subdir). However, "native"
  may not the best mark to it, since the package ist not really a
  debian-only one (the data may be used elsewhere as well).

  However, when it is not native, I must create a dummy/empty
  .orig.tar.gz, right?

* Shall I use the word "downloader" in the package name? That would make
  the package name longer: In the moment, the packages would have names
  like "astrometry-data-4208-4219"; putting a "downloader" would make
  them even longer.

* Do I need to specify the copyright of the *downloaded* files? If yes,
  where? debian/copyright is just for the source, not for the result...

* Since the download code if DFSG-Free, the downloader goes to contrib,
  independently of the copyright of the data, right?

Best regards

Ole