Re: Dropping debian/ directory vs Continuous Integration / daily-debs

On Qua, 05 Ago 2015, Fabrice Aeschbacher wrote:
I did also read on debian-devel that putting the debian/ directory in the
same (git) repo has some drawbacks and is not recommended (at least not in
the same branch). I cannot remember all arguments, but some can be found
here :
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#What.27s_wrong_with_upstream_shipping_a_debian.2F_directory.3F

That is about having the debian/ directory in the tarball (which I understand is not recommended). You can keep the debian/ directory in the source control, just don't include it in the tarballs. That is even mentioned in the last paragraph.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br