Re: RFS: Looking for a mentor for my dspdfviewer package

On 05/08/15 12:44, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
>> This is working exactly as intended : )
>>
>> Try the -f / --full-page command-line switch for "regular" PDFs.
>

> ok, I thought this was a bug... BTW I have the main monitor to the
> left, and the extended to the right, why does it show the opposite
> order for regular pdfs?

If you pass no command-line switch it assumes its a double-width pdf,
which has the "presenter" side on the right and "audience" on the left.

It should™ render the presenter view (with the clocks and the notes) to
the "primary" screen (you can set with xrandr --output XXX --primary),
regardless of whether that primary is left or right.

This assumes that a presenter will carry his or her notebook to the
site, have the internal screen as primary and the external (beamer) as
secondary.

If this auto-detection fails, hit the "S" (swap-screens) key on the
keyboard.

Allright. I'm assuming mail@danny-edel.de is still blocked, and will

> that would be my first sponsored package, so maybe would be nice to
> have some other eye on the package, but I guess as soon as I get more
> confident with the sponsoring and the package is already on
> unstable/Stretch you can ping me directly.

Cool! I have uploaded the changed version (now with .desktop file) and
will re-file the RFS from my debian@danny-edel.de address, unless you
find another mistake in it.

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dspdfviewer/dspdfviewer_1.13-1.dsc

--