Re: RFS: Looking for a mentor for my dspdfviewer package

Hello Riley,

thank you for listing those things!

I will comment on each of your points inline, I hope that's okay.

On 04/08/15 00:02, Riley Baird wrote:

> Hi Danny,
>
> I'm not a DD, so I can't sponsor your package, but I had a look and
> here are some things that I noticed:
>
> d/changelog:
> -Since the package hasn't been uploaded to Debian yet, you should only
> have one changelog entry; you should get rid of version 1.13-2.

Done. Only version is 1.13-1

> d/compat:
> -Have you considered upgrading to debhelper 9?

Tried that now, thank you for the suggestion! Reading up on hardening,
requiring recent debhelper allowed me to drop quite a lot of lines from
debian/rules aswell since it includes the cmake workaround.

> d/control:
> -Priority should be "optional".

Done.

> d/docs:
> -You could add INSTALL and README.md to this file

I tried that, but then lintian complained on the binary package
containing an INSTALL file. Only README.md is included now.

> d/manpages:
> -You don't need this file.

File deleted.

> d/README:
> -You don't need this file.

File also deleted.

> General:
> -If mail@danny-edel.de isn't being accepted by the Debian mailing
> lists, you can get whitelisted by subscribing to this list:
> https://lists.debian.org/whitelist/

Thanks! I've written my email inside there. Until I hear from them, I
will mail as debian@danny-edel.de to the mailinglist (just to be safe).
My email address in the package is now mail@danny-edel.de, as I use
everywhere else.

> -Seeing as you're upstream, you should be able to fix the lintian
> error debian-watch-may-check-gpg-signature

"Done", I hope.

I locally created a fresh tar.gz from my signed git tag and
detach-sign'd it, and mirrored the resulting asc to github. So far,
their tarball matches : )

Could you take a look at the debian/watch file? Those opts and regexes
twisted my mind a bit, not sure if I have done that right.

> -Also seeing as you're upstream, in future releases
> you might consider fixing no-upstream-changelog. You don't have to do
> that now, though. :)

I will.

> Good luck getting your package into Debian,
>
> Riley Baird

Thanks : ) Could you also take a look at the revised version? Its at

http://danny-edel.de/deb/pool/main/d/dspdfviewer/dspdfviewer_1.13-1.dsc

That would be amazing. I also tried to upload this to mentors with

$ dupload --to mentors dspdfviewer_1.13-1_source.changes

and it gave me the following error in an email:
> Hello,
>
> Unfortunately your package "dspdfviewer" was rejected because of the following
> reason:
>
> Your upload does not contain a valid signature. Output was:
>
> gpg: Signature made Di 04 Aug 2015 11:32:53 UTC using RSA key ID 7183343C
> gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
>

> Please try to fix it and re-upload. Thanks,

Do you know where I have to send my public key, so that mentors finds it?

Thank you again for helping me.

--
Danny Edel

mail@danny-edel.de