Re: git-p4 package in contrib, how to proceed?

Great, thanks!

I left the maintainer on the package as the same as the one for the main git package. If it would be more appropriate for me to be the maintainer, then I'm happy to do that (not that I have the first clue what it means or involves!).

On 12 January 2015 at 18:32, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:
reassign 773245 src:git 1:2.1.3-1
quit

Vincent Cheng wrote:

> Yes, source packages in main can generate binary packages in contrib;
> Policy does not prevent this from happening, and there are existing
> source packages in main, in the archive, which generate binary
> packages in contrib. See e.g. src:nvidia-settings (and #747837 which
> was what prompted one of the binary packages built from it to be moved
> from contrib to main).

Thanks for looking into it.  I'll apply the patch for git in jessie+1.

Regards,
Jonathan