Re: best way to fork data only package on Alioth?

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Paul Elliott wrote:

Your mail doesn't include which package/data you are talking. It is
very hard to give you correct advice when we aren't being given the
necessary information about the situation we are responding to.

> I want to create a new package that is identical to the old one except
> that 1) the name of the package is changed. 2) the data files and their
> names are changed.

What is the reason for wanting the new package? It sounds unnecessary.

> Would it be a reasonable way to proceed to fork the old package?

Create a meta-package depending on the old package and containing
symlinks to the old data files.

--
bye,
pabs