kcm-ufw follow-up

Hi Eriberto,
I am sorry to bother you but I have some questions regarding continued
maintenance of my package. I have fixed the issue of documentation not showing
up when the help button is pressed. Should I file another RFS for the new
version or will you sponsor the upload again?

Also,
It appears nobody upstream is interested in maintaining kcm-ufw anymore. I was
basically offered the job after my initial contact with the current
maintainer.
I accepted. Now I am wondering, since I will now be doing both upstream and
downstream work, what general guidelines should I use for determining when the
next release is "ready" for Debian?
Thanks,
--Shawn