Re: Sample Debian package to show-case all

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 10:53:59 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

>> - the most simplified Makefile
>
> This is upstream stuff not Debian stuff...

> Ultimately you should have no patches because ...

If we can influence upstream, why don't we get their structure right at
the first place? If Debian can't influence it, then I believe no other
distro on earth can influence it. I mean, nowadays Debian is so powerful
and the line between upstream and Debian is becoming thinner and thinner.

Anyway, for my simple case, I meant to say what if I inherit a .c, a .1
and .html file and need the structure in place to properly pack them.
E.g., what's the best way to deal with .1 man pages, etc.