Re: maintainer scripts handling symlink to directory conversion

Hi Jean-Michel,

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 02:58:17PM +0000, Jean-Michel Nirgal Vourgère wrote:
> Andreas Tille:
>
> > Does anybody have a clue why symlink_to_dir works perfectly for
> > libavifile-0.7c2 but not for libavifile-0.7-bin and libavifile-0.7-dev?
>
> -bin and -dev are missing the Pre-Depends: ${misc:Pre-Depends}
> libavifile-0.7c2 has it.

I have added these here locally (failed to report here) but it has no
effect at all.  I think this is not the reason for the problem since the
correct dpkg version is available here.

> Moreover, there have been a few bugs in old versions of symlink_to_dir.
> Current UNRELEASED implementation of debhelper set minimum version of
> dpkg at 1.17.14

The currently installed dpkg version is 1.17.21 (amd64).

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de