Re: dh-autoreconf: aclocal: rename aclocal.m4 to acinclude.m4

Hello Forum,

thanks a lot for the replies.

On 11/12/14 18:24, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>, 2014-12-11, 22:17:
>> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>>> aclocal rewrite the aclocal.m4 files, so precious information can be lost: a workaround is to rename the `aclocal.m4' files `acinclude.m4'.
>>>
>>> When this renaming process can take place ? in d/rules ? at the repacking stage ?
>>
>> Upstream would be best.
>
> Indeed!

I am agree.

> And until it's fixed upstream, I'd suggest to rename it in debian/rules.
> Don't forget to rename it back in the clean target. :-)

Right now, I am considering to package from the upstream git repository itself
as it contains the necessary m4 material (and in fact, all the necessary material).
Furthermore, sadly, the upstream maintainer team seem also overwhelmed.

Thanks,
Jerome