Re: launchpad for debian and autobuilders

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 09:52:37AM +0100, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> A Divendres, 12 de desembre de 2014, Paul Wise va escriure:
> > On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > The Debian autobuild service is here:
> > https://buildd.debian.org/
> Yes, but _only_ the debian developers could access there. If I want to test a
> package, you need an sponsor, and so on. I know the path.

ftp masters are also working to have PPA in debian (for DD and DM, if IIUC), but
this is a long dream.

> The question is that sometimes one wants to build or test, or whatever and
> launchpad offers that service for ubuntu. And the people, like me, that would
> like to have own packages to test previous search an sponsor, have to create
> all this infrastructure. That's all.
>
> I would love to have a public service to build with clean autobuilders
> packages for the people. Not, like now that you have to build your own
> environtment.

To solve this issue (in fact, not everyone has a powerful enough computer to
locally build everything) some people write some tools.
I know about Deb-o-Matic: https://packages.debian.org/sid/debomatic

The developer run an instance here: http://debomatic-amd64.debian.net/ (also
with a really nice web interface see github for the source).
(if you are going to ask, the packages are currently keep for 15 days)

--
regards,
						Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 4096R/B9444540	http://goo.gl/I8TMB