Preparing openjpeg 2.0

Hi,

  I am preparing to upload openjpeg 2.0. This is a major API (yes API)
change from previous openjpeg 1.x. I am thinking of doing something
similar to gtk+1.2 and gtk+2.0. Basically we will have two source
packages src:openjpeg and src:openjpeg2 until people move to newer
(better!) API.

  Other people have handled it the other way around. See tiff3 package
that was created only for a short timeframe.

  Which way should I go:

1. Upload a src:openjpeg1 which will contains the legacy openjpeg 1.x
branch and src:openjepg will get openjpeg 2.x or
2. Upload a new src:openjpeg2 with the goal to get rid of src:openjpeg
in a couple of debian release.

Thanks for comments,