Re: question about the packaging helpers

2014-01-30 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 08:35:09AM +0000, Roelof Wobben wrote:
>>
>> > Why not join the Debian GNOME team?
>> >
>> > https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianGnome
>> >
>> Can I also learn there to package and get a sort of mentor who can learn me the right way ? Roelof
>
> Why not asking on the team mailing list?  All teams *I* know (gnome
> packaging does not belong to the lists I'm reading) are happy if
> there are newcomers sending an introduction and asking for help.
With my Tanglu hat on: Joining the GNOME team is one of the best
things you can do to help! This will benefit Debian (and indirectly
Tanglu), help you in learning the practices of the Debian-GNOME team
and create better packages, and it will help Tanglu because you can
provide new packages earlier to Tanglu, and the GNOME-Team because
they can see how something performs on Tanglu (and get some more
testing before a new Debian release).
Simple win-win-win ;-)
Cheers,
    Matthias