Re: lintian usage and inconsistence problem

* T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> [140127 23:37]:
> $ lintian -EviIL +pedantic --color auto --display-experimental
>   ../*.dsc
> [...]
> I.e., when I invoke lintian manually, I didn't see problems reported
> by debuild.

Hi Tong,

Lintian can check both source packages (*.dsc) or binary packages
(*.deb). By running it on the .dsc file, you only see the results of
source checks.

The solution to this is to invoke lintian on the .changes file.
As a consequence it will do both source and binary checks.

Hope that helps !

--
Etienne Millon