How to selectively silence git-multimail messages ?

Le Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:55:16AM +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :
> The news are collected on http://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews
>
> Email notifications for git commits on git.debian.org
[…]
>   -- Raphaël Hertzog
>
>  [1] http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#Commit_mails_with_diff
>  [2] https://github.com/mhagger/git-multimail/

This was an excellent improvement, many thanks to Raphaël for this.

Sometimes, I can guess in advance that a push will generate a flood of emails
that will not be very relevant at best and annoying at worse on my packaging
team's mailing list.  For instance, merges from upstream's master branch, with
hundreds of commits that do not change the contents of the debian directory.
Sometimes, to avoid them, I log on Alioth and disable temporarly the commit
hook.

Would anybody be able to improve the system so that, when pushing with the
--quiet option, the individual emails for each commits will be skipped ?

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,