Re: Wish to package astronomy software

Hi Bamm,

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 07:18:51PM +0800, Bamm wrote:
> > I should be able to review your package once you think its ready, and
> > sponsor it when I think its ready. Be patient, it will take some time
> > for you to learn how Debian packaging works and for people (like me) to
> > review it.
>
> Thank you very much for your offer to review and sponsor my package!
>
> I have been receiving feedback from Dr. Ole Streicher on building
> packages, and it has improved a lot since he started giving me advice.

Inside the Debian Science team Ole Streicher is extremely active in the
field of astronomy.  If you work together with him you are in pretty
good hands.  The only thing I wonder about is, why he did not directed
you to the Debian Science list and whether he might have told you that
it is a very good idea to use the Debian Science VCS (either Git or
SVN).

> If you don't mind, can I email you directly so I can also show you
> what I have so far?

I would not like personal mails but anything concerning astronomy is
perfectly fine at the Debian Science mailing list.  I guess it might
be a good idea if you read

   http://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html

If you need a sponsor for your work this might be interesting for you
as well

   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB

Hope this helps

       Andreas.