Re: Wish to package astronomy software

Hi Bamm,

Happy New Year and welcome to the Debian project!

It's great to hear that you are interested in packaging astronomy
software. I'm an astrophysicist working at the University of Heidelberg,
Germany, and I'm also packaging astronomical software.

Since I try to manage several projects at the same time, my packaging
work is going quite slowly. I'm maintaining a local APT repository
which includes, for instance, a package of the "Aladin Sky Atlas"
http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/ .

I'm not yet an experienced packager but if you have specific issues or
questions, feel free to contact me. My current project is to package
the Java libraries of the "starlink" people
https://github.com/Starlink/starjava/
and thereafter the applications TOPCAT and SPLAT that also belong to
the "starlink" project.
If you are interested in taking over some tasks of this packaging work,
it would be a great pleasure for me.

Best regards,
Florian