Re: Uploading new version of package to mentors.debian.net

On 2014-01-07 at 10:11:50 +0100, matus valo wrote:
> I haven't found documentation about procedure how to upload new version of
> package to mentors.debian.net. So I tried to upload it the same way as I
> uploaded original version. Nothing happened.

dput creates a $PKG.$ARCHIVE.upload file to prevent multiple, different,
uploads to the debian archives for the same package.

since mentors.debian.net does not require uploads to be unique,
you can just delete that file and resend the package using the same
command; you can delete the old versions on mentors manually, or you
can leave them online to be autoremoved later.

> As I found later, the package is stucked in upload queue, since
> my package is found in:
>
> ftp://ftp.upload.debian.org/pub/UploadQueue/

I believe that this is the upload queue for the main archive,
for which you don't have upload rights (the files will be deleted
when they will fail the signature check).

Maybe during your tests you used the wrong dput configuration?
IIRC if you don't specify a destination it will put files there
by default.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''