Re: Wish to package astronomy software

Hallo Bamm,

On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 21:23 +0800, Bamm wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for replying to my inquiry.
>
> > Please file an ITP (Intend to package) bug against the WNPP (pseudo)
> > package. You should use the reportbug command for that, as it gives you
> > the proper template to file out.
>
> Thanks! Where do I report the ITP bug? Is there an online form, e.g., bugzilla?

No, you gonna use the Debian BTS. A convenient tool is reportbug(1).
You might also want to read some of the docs at http://bugs.debian.org
to get familiar with the BTS, as you will need this skills for
maintaining a package.

> > Good, next thing is to provide us with the source.
>
> I have created my source package. How do I provide it to you? Is it
> allowed to attach it into this message?

No, don't send it to this list.

Please follow the instructions at
http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers, especially the "Using