Re: Wish to package astronomy software

[Are you subscribed to debian-mentors? CC'ing you just in case you're not].

On 05-01-14 12:42, Bamm wrote:
> I'm Bamm from the Philippines. I'm new to this list

Welcome.

> and I hope to gain advice how to package for Debian.

Have you read the front page of https://mentors.debian.net/ If it is not
clear after reading that, you are welcome to ask specific questions here.

> I received advice to start with simple packages, and I chose xvarstar
> to start with.

Please file an ITP (Intend to package) bug against the WNPP (pseudo)
package. You should use the reportbug command for that, as it gives you
the proper template to file out.

> I am reading the Debian New Maintainers' Guide and have been able to
> do the packaging privately.

Good, next thing is to provide us with the source.

> Can I get advice how I can apply to be a packager for this package? I
> would also like some feedback on the source package I made.

It should all be written on mentors.d.n.

Paul