Wish to package astronomy software

Hello,

I'm Bamm from the Philippines. I'm new to this list and I hope to gain
advice how to package for Debian. My interest is in astronomy
software.

I received advice to start with simple packages, and I chose xvarstar
to start with. It doesn't seem to have a Debian package yet, but it
has an RPM package for Fedora.

I am reading the Debian New Maintainers' Guide and have been able to
do the packaging privately.

Can I get advice how I can apply to be a packager for this package? I
would also like some feedback on the source package I made.

Regards,
Bamm