Re: Requirement for compat level 9

On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 18:39:23 -0500, Stephen M. Webb wrote:

>> How can I make sure my building environment is at compat level 9?
>
>>From he debhelper(7) manpage:
>
> Tell debhelper what compatibility level to use by writing a number to
> debian/compat. For example, to turn on v9 mode:
>
>          % echo 9 > debian/compat

I know I can force compat level to 9 just like that. But what I want to
know is how to make sure my building environment is up to that level.
E.g., in a very old Debian system, e.g., potato, you can "set" debian/
compat to 9, but I don't think it will work. The requirement, that's what
I'd like to know.

thanks