Re: spotweb-20130826+dfsg-1~pre5; typo in patch 0007 prevents creation of new database

Hi Henkjan,

On 2013-09-22 22:32, henkjan gersen wrote:

> As I'm not sure what the correct way for reporting bugs in packages on debian mentor is, hence by email.

By mail is fine with me; the usual way is to either

- mail the debian-mentors list (debian-mentors@lists.debian.org)
- reply to the RFS bug (720924@bugs.debian.org)
- fill in a review on mentors.debian.org (http://mentors.debian.net/package/spotweb)

> Although it builds for me it failed to generate a working spotweb database when I remove the
> existing database, which was puzzling. This turns out to be due to an error in SpotUserUpgrader.php,
> which can be seen in the attached patch.
> This error isn't present in the Spotweb git-repo, but gets introduced in patch 0007; line 210.
> So the real fix is to update patch 0007, not the attached patch.

Good catch, thanks. It's a find/replace mishap (by me) actually.

> With this fix I can get this version of spotweb working, although I still need to manually copy & run
> upgrade-db.sh from the debian directory after the install to get things working.
Yes, the initial database init script somehow fell out of the dbconfig-common configuration. Weird I've
overlooked that; guess I've been preoccupied with getting the upgrades in order. I'm looking fixing the
initial db install now.

Thanks for your comments!

Jan-Pascal