Re: An Analysis of the RFS Process

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 3:44 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> If you plan to continue running these charts, please add some links to
> them on this wiki page:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Statistics

I don't see how. It is an 'Immutable Page'.

> Your conclusions are similar to what we know already anecdotally. The
> problem is and always has been how to get existing members of Debian
> to be interested in sponsoring and mentoring instead of doing their
> own work.

Actually, the surprising result for me was that from Jan 2012 up
through about April 2013, the system more or less worked. After that,
it's like the group just got out of the habit after the freeze. Given
the size of this list, it would only take a little more effort to tame
this beast.

> At some point it might be interesting to merge them into the
> mentors.debian.net code.

The other thing I noticed is that there is currently a
stream-of-consciousness aspect to the process. If there is no traffic
for an RFS in debian-mentors over the last couple of days, then it
languishes. Some visibility on mentors a la the comment activity
chart, showing which entries need attention, could help greatly.

http://davesteele.github.io/debian-rfs-stats/

--
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien" - Voltaire