Re: packaging of a python script

On 09/06/2013 07:05 PM, Eric Lavarde wrote:
Hi,

On 06/09/13 11:31, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
Hi All,

I have a little python project which creates one executable script.
where should go the project.py ? is there a special place for a script
which later can be imported by other python script ?
The question is of course also if one script justifies a package on its own...
True, but packages are made to make our life easier, isn't ?
So one script, one man page and one symlink seem to be more complicated to copy around than a debian package installed in a local repo :)
Even if it will never get to the "official" repository.

Is it ok, to put a symlink in /ust/bin/  pointing to
/usr/share/project/project.py ( or any other appropriate place) to get
rid of extension .py ?
I am not a python packager, but have you checked http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/ ?

Thanks, exactly what I need.
Eric