Re: skype4py, any sponsors?

Hi,

I do not see why this should be supported by Debian. Skype is proprietary and, allegedly, malicious spyware that we should not encourage our users to use.

IMHO you should go support Telepathy or some other framework that allow programming for less malicious software.

-nik

Gianfranco Costamagna <costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it> schrieb:
Hi debian mentors,

skype4py was removed on unstable because unmaintained and not so much used.

Anyway I think now that is actively maintained again would be nice to get it into debian again,
http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/skype4py.html

I made it available on mentors, I can package it and take care of it.
http://mentors.debian.net/package/skype4py

with skype4py you can easily write python scripts for sending messages around the world and do many other things that skype API allows you to

many thanks for your time

Gianfranco