Re: bash script in /usr/games

Andrey Rahmatullin writes:

> On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 07:51:07PM +1000, Steven Hamilton wrote:
>> then change the tmpdir using the following;
>>
>> 	dh $@ -Pdebian/mrrescue_build
> Why did you do this?

Because the default for the tmpdir is "debian/<package>" and my package
is called "mrrescue". When I renamed my shell script to mrrescue it got
splattered by debuild.

>> However, now I get lintian warnings on init.d
>>
>> W: mrrescue: init.d-script-missing-lsb-section etc/init.d/mrrescue
>> E: mrrescue: init.d-script-does-not-implement-required-option
>> etc/init.d/mrrescue start
>> E: mrrescue: init.d-script-does-not-implement-required-option
>> etc/init.d/mrrescue stop
>> E: mrrescue: init.d-script-does-not-implement-required-option
>> etc/init.d/mrrescue restart
>> E: mrrescue: init.d-script-does-not-implement-required-option
>> etc/init.d/mrrescue force-reload
>> W: mrrescue: binary-without-manpage usr/games/mrrescue
>> W: mrrescue: init.d-script-does-not-source-init-functions
>> etc/init.d/mrrescue
>>
>> Is debhelper incorrectly assuming that my bash script is intended for
>> init.d? If so, how do I stop it.
> If you mean that etc/init.d/mrrescue is not an initscript don't install it
> there.

I'm not. I'm installing it in /usr/games but for some reason it's
automatically being assumed it's an init script by something.

--
Steven Hamilton
I don't look like two zombies