Re: What to do if FTBFS bug is not reproducible?

Hi!

Am 25.01.2012 08:58, schrieb Vasudev Kamath:

> I'm working on to prepare QA upload for surf which is orphaned by its
> previous maintainer. There is a FTBFS bug reported against this
> package [1]. But I'm not able to reproduce this bug. Package builds
> fine on the pbuilder clean chroot. I've already reported this on the
> bug and also have provided my build log. How can I proceed shall I
> manually close this bug and prepare a normal QA upload or I need to
> wait for some reply on the bug.

I just tried it, and verified, that the package indeed builds in
pbuilder.  You could try to compare your build log, and one from the
build that failed (haven't taken a look at them).

If you can't find any significant differences, which could explain the
FTBFS, I would downgrade the bug to important (so it's no longer
considered release critical) and tag it unreproducible, till the
submitter confirms the problem has been solved somehow (and the bug can
be closed).

If you are going to do an QA upload keep an eye on the build logs:
You'll see if the package can be build by the autobuilders.

Best regards,
  Alexander