Re: How to warn the user with debconf

Il 16/01/2012 00:19, Martin Eberhard Schauer ha scritto:
Hi Stefano,
in my postinst script I need to warn the user in case the script was
unable to remove a non empty directory. How can I do this and have a
lintian clean package? I thought to use a debconf note but lintian
issues possible-debconf-note-abuse warning.

TIA
Stefano
please have a look at the Developer's Reference (1). Why not issue
the error message when the error occurs?

The shortest way to a problem solution for you way may be an informal
mail to debian-l10n-english asking for a review of your debconf templates
and package description. Of course you can upload your package as is, but
this slows down the process. »Bubulle« will find your new debconf template
and propose a more formal process lasting up to three weeks.

Cheers,
Martin

1:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#s6.5.1

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bye
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it - http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.