Re: proposed new pseudo-package 'debian-mentors' for handling sponsoring requests

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm generally not a big fan to overuse the BTS for stuff it wasn't
> really designed for. This tends to result in complex processes that are
> difficult to follow for newcomers.

That statement actually describes the Debian project as a whole (not
just bts-using services/teams).  There are extensive processes in
Debian for everything, and as such its not going to necessarily be
easy for any newcomer.

Then again, that may not be such a bad thing as it means that
*qualified* newcomers have already demonstrated the fact that they can
educate themselves.  If that means answering similar questions
somewhat regularly, so be it.  A simple link to the developers
reference often suffices.  That's not so hard.

Best wishes,
Mike