Re: proposed new pseudo-package 'debian-mentors' for handling sponsoring requests

Hi!

Am 19.01.2012 12:26, schrieb Arno Töll:
> On 19.01.2012 05:32, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>>> Second concern i have here is that (AFAIK) everyone can upload
>>> everything to mentors.debian.net. Which would mean we then would/could
>>> distribute non-distribiteable material under the debian.org domain. How
>>> can this issue be resolved?
[..]
> We're not doing any license checks, although pabs was pushing use of
> automated license checks. We're aware of that problem, but we're not
> having any implementation right now. Yet we're deleting packages where
> we notice they're not distributable (i.e. not even non-free). Yes,
> that's a post-publishing removal.

Hmmm... What about making the orig tarballs only accessible from Debian
machines?  In theory only sponsors need it, and sponsors have access to
these machines.

diff.gz/debian.tar.gz could still be accessible to all, so non-DDs could
still at least do (limited) reviews.  And with a proper get-orig-source
rule (or a way on mentors to provide a link to the source tarball?) even
full reviews by non-DDs would be possible.

Best regards,
  Alexander