Re: How to handle software which needs huge modification when packaging for Debian

2012/1/17 Björn Esser:

>    - huge modifactions

Get those included upstream.

>    - scripts to be replaced by 'debianized' ones

Make those scripts generic but configurable, send the required changes
upstream and drop in a second configuration file overriding the
defaults.

>    - to be extended by custom scripts or progs

Not sure what you mean here.

> Shall the custom / replaced stuff be placed inside
> debian/source/include-binaries?

No, patch the source.

> Or should it be forked from upstream and seperately developed as
> debian-native?

Here you miss out on future updates from upstream so I would discourage that.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise