Re: RFS: quickrdp

* Tobias Eliasson <arnestig@gmail.com>, 2012-01-15, 01:05:

 dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/quickrdp/quickrdp_1.1-1.dsc

The comment at the top of d/rules doesn't make sense. Please remove it.

debian/docs is empty. Just remove it.

Why "Priority: extra"?

The upstream makefile hides compilation commands. Please patch it not to do that.

The program is built without debugging information. This is violation of a "should" policy (§10.1).

The program is built with -O3 optimization even when DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt is used.

You recommend tsclient, but this package has been removed form unstable (see bug #547314).

Does anybody uses telnet these days? I think recommending it is overkill, maybe Suggests would be more appropriate.

What is perl-base recommendation for? Essential packages in Recommends looks a bit suspicious.

Lintian complains:

W: quickrdp source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.2)
E: quickrdp: helper-templates-in-copyright
I: quickrdp: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/quickrdp.1.gz:46
I: quickrdp: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/quickrdp.1.gz:50

There are some warnings from dpkg-shlibdeps:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/quickrdp/usr/bin/quickrdp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/quickrdp/usr/bin/quickrdp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libwx_gtk2u_html-2.8.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/quickrdp/usr/bin/quickrdp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libwx_baseu_xml-2.8.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/quickrdp/usr/bin/quickrdp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libwx_gtk2u_qa-2.8.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/quickrdp/usr/bin/quickrdp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/quickrdp/usr/bin/quickrdp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libwx_baseu_net-2.8.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/quickrdp/usr/bin/quickrdp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

--
Jakub Wilk