Re: RFS: logkeys (fixing RC bugs)

Dear DDs,

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:11:12AM +0200, Vedran Fura?? wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "logkeys".
>
>  * Package name    : logkeys
>    Version         : 0.1.1a-2
>    Upstream Author : Kernc <kerncece+logkeys@gmail.com>
>  * URL             : http://logkeys.googlecode.com/
>  * License         : DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO or GPLv3
>    Section         : admin
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> logkeys    - keylogger for GNU/Linux systems
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
>   http://mentors.debian.net/package/logkeys
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
>
>   dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/logkeys/logkeys_0.1.1a-2.dsc

The current unstable package has:
 * 1 lintian error
 * 2 lintian warnings
 * 2 RC bugs (FTBFS and missing dep)
 * out of date standards version

The upload above fixes a non-rc bug, it also seems to solve the FTBFS
without mentioning in the changelog. The package has been waiting on
mentors for 2 months now.

I'd say it is very high time to act on this package. Options are:
 * Upload the version on mentors.
 * Explain why the mentors version is unsuitable and upload the NMU
   debdiff attached to #624991 fixing the FTBFS.
 * File a removal request since noone is willing to sponsor this package
   at all.
In any case you can polish your RCBW statistics.

Helmut