Re: RFS: policyd-weight (3rd)

On 01/06/2012 07:44 PM, werner@aloah-from-hell.de wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> thanks for your helpfull comments.
>

>> What was in /etc/default/policyd-weight? Why aren't you using
>> it anymore?
>>
> It behaves like the current package in unstable/testing/stable.
> The file /etc/default/policyd-weight isn't created but the init
> script takes account of it.
>
> /etc/default/policyd-weight is the place to add daemon-options for
> policyd-weight.
>
> What should we do here? Generate the file? Or don't take account of
> it in the init script?

I'd add a file there, with lots of comments, and all the options that
you can put in it. It doesn't mater if absolutely every options are
commented out, the point is to document what can be done with
useful comments.

Maybe you can do that on your next upload?

> The creation of this directory is done by policyd-weight, so no need
> to create it via the init-script. Policyd-weight uses this directory
> for saving the PID and furthermore creates some more directories in
> /var/run/policyd-weight (for caching etc.). It behaves like the current
> policyd-weight in unstable/testing/stable.

Cool !

Since all the points I've asked you about have been addressed, I have
uploaded the package.

Thanks for your contribution to Debian, and thanks for being patient
enough with all my (sometimes silly) questions, and your package
polishing. Taking over maintenance of orphan packages is one of the
best way to contribute to Debian!

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)