Re: RFS: libapache2-mod-rpaf

Hello,

> in theory I'm willing to sponsor an upload (well I did the QA upload
> of this package a few month ago) but I don't like people setting DMUA
> on public sponsoring requests.

I'm sorry, but that was noted in comments.  Feel free to drop this
control field.

> I don't see how I can judge if you're able to handle the package or not.

E.g. by looking in QA?

> I'm not sure how near we're to new Apache release but maybe the
> deprecation notice would be more appropriate in a NEWS file?

Yep.  But I'm not aware on the release plans for apache.  Anyway,
*right now* the NEWS file looks as a wrong place for the
deprecation warning stuff.

> The other issue is the module naming. I adopted the crazy file
> renaming from the original package just to keep the usual
> mod_foo.c naming.

Do you mean in the conf file?

> I've no idea if we currently have that as a
> policy or not.

No.

> Actually most packages seem to stick to the
> mod_foo.c naming but there is at least the alias_module which
> diverts.

$ fgrep -R '<IfModule' /etc/apache2/apache2.conf /etc/apache2/mods-available/|grep _module
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf:<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf:<IfModule mpm_worker_module>
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf:<IfModule mpm_event_module>
/etc/apache2/mods-available/alias.conf:<IfModule alias_module>
/etc/apache2/mods-available/reqtimeout.conf:<IfModule reqtimeout_module>
/etc/apache2/mods-available/deflate.conf:<IfModule deflate_module>

These all are core modules.