Re: RFS: libapache2-mod-rpaf

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 01:36:51PM +0300, Sergey B Kirpichev wrote:

Hi,

> It builds those binary packages:
>   libapache2-mod-rpaf - module for Apache2 which takes the last IP
> from the 'X-Forwarded-For' header

in theory I'm willing to sponsor an upload (well I did the QA upload
of this package a few month ago) but I don't like people setting DMUA
on public sponsoring requests. It's IMHO something different if we've
some history of working together but on a maybe onetime upload I don't
see how I can judge if you're able to handle the package or not.
But maybe someone else has a different opionion on how DMUA should be
used.

Ok now back to the technical stuff:

I'm not sure how near we're to new Apache release but maybe the
deprecation notice would be more appropriate in a NEWS file?
But maybe that can wait until we acutally have it in Debian.

The other issue is the module naming. I adopted the crazy file
renaming from the original package just to keep the usual
mod_foo.c naming. I've no idea if we currently have that as a
policy or not. Actually most packages seem to stick to the
mod_foo.c naming but there is at least the alias_module which
diverts. So this is not a show stopper.

Cheers,
Sven