Re: RFS: flex-sdk-4.5

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 19:06, Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:01:11 +0200, Joey Parrish <joey.parrish@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Note that the Flex SDK itself cannot yet be built from Adobe's source
> code under Debian, even though the code is released under the MPL.
> Adobe's build system relies on Cygwin and some outdated and/or patched
> libraries to produce the binary SDK included in this package.  From
> what I understand, this means that this package will have to live in
> non-free until Adobe's source can be built under Debian.

From my understanding of #602499 ITP, it seems that people inside Adobe
(especially Dave McAllister) are willing to help fixing this kind of
issues.
Have you talked to them about issues you found ?

I first contacted Dave McAllister on Dec. 2, 2010.  Since then, I've only gotten him to reply to my emails three times.  One of them took 5 months and several "ping! still there?" messages to get a reply at all.  So far, the replies have all been along the lines of "I'll check into that and get back to you."  Since I am still trying to get him to send an official confirmation on a licensing mix-up [1], I haven't had an opportunity to go deeper and talk about build issues.  I was hoping to get the binary package into Debian first, then work on improving it so that it could become part of main.

--Joey

[1] The SVN source has one license, but the pre-built distribution has another.  There is some evidence that someone just packaged it with the wrong license file.  (Adobe License vs. MPL)