Re: RFS: owncloud 2.0.1

Le jeudi 29 décembre 2011 22:04:24, Thomas Müller a écrit :
> Hi Damien,

Hi Thomas,

> thanks for your feedback to my RFS!
> I'm still searching for a sponsor - your support is more than welcome!

Good :)

> Are you  *only* interested in sponoring or do you want to co-maintain?
> Both approached would be fine for me - in case of co-maintain a svn/git
> would be great.

I'm not interrested in co-maintainership because I already lack time for my
own packages, sorry. But even if you work alone on this package, you might
want to use a VCS : it help attracting other maintainers and improve general
feedback you'll get.

> THX,
>
> Thomas
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 28.12.2011 um 22:37 schrieb Damien Raude-Morvan:
> > Le mercredi 23 novembre 2011 22:51:42, Thomas Müller a écrit :
> > > Dear mentors,
> >
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > > I am STILL looking for a sponsor for my package "owncloud".
> > > Meanwhile version 2.0.1 was released.
> >
> > Did anyone volunteered to be your sponsor for owncloud ? If not, I'm
> > interested in this tool !
> >
> > >  * Package name    : owncloud
> > >
> > >    Version         : 2.0.1-1
> > >    Upstream Author : Frank Karlitschek, Robin Appelman, Jakob Sack, ...
> > >
> > >  * URL             : http://owncloud.org
> > >  * License         : AGPL
> > >
> > >    Section         : web
> >
> > Some comments :
> >  - I can't find any licence for JPlayer files, for instance :
> >     apps/media/js/Jplayer.swf
> >     apps/media/js/jquery.jplayer.min.js
>
> Thx for the hint - I'll try to find the license and add it.

Please also pay attention to Paul Wise remarks :
- there is, yet, no tool in Debian to build SWF files from source (Action
Script I suppose) : Adobe Flex SDK is not yet in main.
- neither of these filess comes with source code, this is a
violation of the GNU GPL

I think you should disable this feature for now... maybe we can work with
upstream to provide some HTML5 version of this ?

> >  - There is some compressed javascript libraries.
> >
> >    They're not considered as preferred source for modification,
> >    thus they are not suitable for main.
> >
> >     core/js/jquery-1.6.4.min.js
> >     core/js/jquery-ui-1.8.14.custom.min.js
> >     core/js/jquery.infieldlabel.min.js
> >     apps/media/js/jquery.jplayer.min.js
> >     3rdparty/js/chosen/chosen.jquery.min.js
>
> What would be the preverred way?
> Remove *.min.js and rebuild them from the source in the rules file?

Prefered way is to :
1) use a dedicated package (see all libjs-jquery-* packages)
2) drop minified files from source tarball
3) symlink between current package /usr/share/<package> and JS file in other
package

Cheers,
--
Damien - Debian Developper