Von: Paul Wise
Gesendet: 30.11.2011 12:28
An: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Re: new package build
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Yves Jeanrenaud wrote:

> I built my first package, a small binary telling you what endianness your
> system got. Now I would kindly like to ask if anyone would be so nice to
> help me out on how to submit this to the debian archives.

dpkg already does that, so every Debian machine already has the
ability to find this out.

pabs@chianamo:~$ dpkg-architecture | grep -i endian
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_ENDIAN=little
DEB_HOST_ARCH_ENDIAN=little

Unless your program does significantly more, I would suggest leaving
it out of Debian. If it does do significantly more, perhaps
determining all the characteristics on the wiki page below, then I
would suggest adding it to some existing package.

http://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo

--
bye,
pabs